I got the Essure procedure done on January 14,2013, six weeks after I give birth to my fifth child. I was not told of the risks or asked of any allergies to metals or family histories of metal allergies. In fact I wasn’t even given another option such as the normal tubal ligation.
I exclusively breastfeed my baby and was not told that I could not get the dye test done until I stop breast feeding my child. I currently am not experiencing any ill symptoms but I’m also in the dark about whether or not my procedure has been successful. I am scared of coil migration and rejection.
- Jo-Lin’s Story In October of 2007 I had my daughter . My second child. A obgyn offered me the Essure procedure as a form of birth contract as I had no previous stomach surgeries and had severe medication […]
- Adriana’s Story Hi Ladies: It is hard not to become angered at myself for not having had asked more questions when I was ready to receive the Essure procedure in March 2011. All I know is at that time we […]
- Tara’s Story I had essure done after my 3rd child towards the end of 2009. I had then been having off and on stomach issues but nothing too serious. It wasn't until 2011 is when the pain and stomach […]
- Amber’s Story I had the Eesure procedure done in 2011. My family doctor recommened that I come off birth control. She suggested the Eesure procedure because of it being non invasive. I did some […]
- William’s Story I am a physician that has removed over 100 of these devices. The symptoms in patients varied from none to severe pelvic pain, skin rashes, joint pain, painful periods, metalic taste in the […]
- Leola’s Story At 29 years old I had my only child, worst pain I thought. I asked about getting fixed and she said ok. I went in for clamps to be put on my tubes, well she could not brake through my […]