My name is Adrienne. I had the essure procedure done in June of 2011. I decided to have the procedure done after my second child. I went through all the counseling from the doctor, signed the papers to get the procedure done, and watched the videos on it. No where did it have the nasty long term side effects of the procedure. I had to have the depo shot after the procedure to make the stretch inbetween for the dye test to make sure the coils took to the tubes. After the procedure i bleed for 8 months straight. When i contacted the doctor that did the procedure her nurse advised me that it was normal and that it was caused from the depo and not the procedure. Eventually my bleeding stopped, but i am starting to notice other changes in my body. I have gained lots of weight since the procedure. When my periods hit they hit hard and long. I used to be a light bleeder and not have much cramping. Also when i adjust just right it feels like my abdominal area has sharp shooting pain. Since the procedure it is very painful to have sexual intercourse also. I don’t advise too many people on this procedure. I just thought i would share my story, which after reading it is a lot like other womans.
- Sara’s Story I was 8 weeks pregnant and found a tumor on my thyroid. Because of this we decided this would be our last child as we didn't know what the future would hold and pregnancy is very hard on […]
- Miranda’s Story I only had the Essure inserted in March 2013. I have not had the same serious side effects as most but then I have read that they can start months after. I had the procedure done when my […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on April 26, 2013. It seemed like the best option for me: permanent birth control, less recovery time, no surgery. I also got a depo provera shot a month […]
- Betty’s Story My name is Betty Satterfield, in June of 2007 I had to have a D& C I was over 40 yrs old & thought that I wanted my tubes tied for permanent birth control. I was a very healthy […]
- Jessica’s Story Hello my name is Jessica. I had the Essure procedure done in September 2011. I have been experiencing difficulties with dizziness, weight gain (50 + lbs.) and severe pain around where the […]
- Krystal’s Story My name is Krystal Beamer and I am 33 years old. I had the Essure procedure done in December 2011, 6 months after I had my third child. Everything went fine with the surgery but afterward […]