My story and experience with Essure is rather graphic. In March of 2012, I was a graduate student about to earning my master’s degree when I was suddenly baker acted by a Baker Act commitee at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL. I was sent to a mental hospital, held overnight, and released. The night I was there, the school officials ordered me sterilized me using Essure to block my fallopian tube. They also took off part of my cervix. I didn’t give my consent on the consent forms. The doctor did not even tell me that I was sterilized with Essure, but I was immediately suspicious. My gynecologist ordered the HSG test (hysterosalpingeogram) to confirm the blocked tube. I was devestated to learn that that Essure is not reversible. I can never have children.
Since being sterilized with Essure, I have gained over 60 lbs of weight, had problems with my monthly cycle, and I’ve had allergies from the nickel in the Essure product.
- Mattie’s Story August 24, 2014, RE: ESSURE Removal Surgery – Mattie Johnson, Charlotte, NC I am a 55 year old woman who had the ESSURE Implant Surgery in 2007. I already had given birth to my son and […]
- Candice’s Story I have had the Essure coils in me for 5 years now. And never knew WHY I have so many issues with my periods being all over the place. Doctors told me it was because of my weight and they […]
- LeeAne’s Story I have known for my whole adult life that having children was not for me. After turning 30 in 2003 I got to looking into methods of permanent sterilization – and Essure came up as a […]
- Irene’s Story On the advice of my obgyn I had essure implanted in October 2006 as my birth control method. I seemed fine for a couple years. But in 2008 I began to get tired and gain weight. I could […]
- Shanna’s Story Hello, I had my essure put in on 11-10-09 acouple months after having my 4th child. I was healthy as could be until after essure was done, some time afterwards i started having really […]
- Brianne’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted a few months after my youngest son was born in 2008. At the time it seemed like the easier option for sterilization. Within two weeks after the procedure I […]