Hello! My name is Alondra Gallegos. I have the essure procedure done in Feb 2011. I was happy that I had an option for permanent birth control out patient. The essure sounded like the perfect method. I have 3 kids and do not plan on anymore. Two weeks after the procedure I started having eye problems. Losing my vision and getting sever headaches. I didn’t realize it was the essure that was causing this blindness. I continued to live my life as normal as possible. but every month I would get these vision losses (around the time of my period) and still occur till this day. I am lucky they’ve never happened while I am driving. I went to see the Dr. about these vision losses and they called them optical migraines. I looked up those symptoms and it doesn’t seem to match up with what I am going through. I got a second opinion and again.. Migraines… Finally went to a fertility specialist because I knew it was the essure and she confirmed it was a side effect from the nickel coils. I now live with monthly vision loss.. a few other things happened that I can connect to the essure.. sever cramping with my period and water retention.
- Martina’s Story After two years I finally got the Essure coils removed. I had pain, vision change, headaches, heavy periods, and even hair loss due to the Essure. It's like nobody gives a damn about this […]
- Alexandra’s Story I have four kids and after my fourth was born, against the advice of my Ob/Gyn, I had one of her Associate Doctor’s put in the Essure tubal that I was told was new and great. That was in […]
- Samantha’s Story hello my name is samantha feltner, i am 22 years old and i have four children. i got the essure implantation in 2012. when i went in to get the procedure done, my doctor never really […]
- Alma’s Story I had the essure procedure done back in 2012. My symptoms started three days after the coils were implanted. I suffer from severe migranes, nickel taste in mouth, blurry vision, lower […]
- Mandy’s Story I thought I was finished having kids. I didn't know that it would mean 9 months of constant, heavy bleeding and the feeling I was losing my mind! After Essure I never stopped bleeding, […]
- Michela’s Story I had the Essure placed in 2010. In 2013, I was told I had a thyroid condition and was placed on levothyroxine. I had severe reactions to it. I have seen several specialists […]