When I went in for the HSG, I could see there was something wrong. One of the coils had fallen out of my tubes and migrated to the other side of my abdomen. I instantly said, ‘Get them out’. My provider had never done the procedure before, but her colleague had. Her colleague had perform my C-section with my second child and did an excellent job, so I said I wanted her to do it. When she went it, not only had it migrated, but also had broken into three pieces and were embedded in scar tissue. The two inner layers of the coils had become separated from the outer layer. The surgeon was concerned about this. She said it is unusual for the layers to separate and would talk to the rep. She also removed the coil that had been properly inserted. I reported everything to the FDA and called lawyers. None of them would touch the case because of the patent laws, and the 2% clause in the tiny writing that states there are some women who will experience difficulties. A rep from Essure called me after I filed the complaint with the FDA. I wasn’t nice. This happened in 2011. I have been spreading the word since.
- Brandi’s Story I was told about the Essure procedure in April 2010 before delivering my 2nd & last child. My doctor had told us how great Essure was & how it was a less invasive way of […]
- Shanon’s Story My name is Shanon and I had the Essure procedure after the birth of my 3rd child, he is now 8. At first, I thought this was wonderful I knew I was done having children. Maybe 6 […]
- Leyla’s Story Hello, My name is Leyla Mahjoub and I am 37 soon to be 38. I got the Essure procedure done in summer of 2012 and totally regret it. I started having complications shortly after I had the […]
- Jacquelyn’s Story My name is Jacquelyn Edden and I am writing to you in hopes to share my story about a permanent birth control called Essure. I am 28 years old and a mother of 4. In July 2013 I gave birth […]
- Jacquelyn’s Story Jan. 5, 2013 Hello, My name is Jacquelyn Edden and I am writing to you in hopes you would assist me on my journey to share my story. I am 28 years old and a mother of 4. In July […]
- Kristen’s Story Hello my name is kristen I'm a 27yr old mother of 2 from indiana. I had essure placed after my 2nd child in April of 13. After my dr praised it to be #1. I stupidly and blindly followed. I […]