I had Essure done in 2008 after my third child was born. Everything seemed fine for awhile then I started getting infection after infection and had a yeast infection every single month. I brought the procedure to my doctor’s attention and she thought I was crazy for thinking Essure had something to do with it.
My symptoms got worse as the years passed. My periods were lasting about 10 days and the pain was unbearable. I felt like my ovaries were twisting. I also spotted between periods and even got a bad infection of cervicitis. When I moved to VA I found a great ob/gyn who took the time to help me. My pain was so bad that he prescribed many pain killers for me. At last I couldn’t take the pain anymore and the dr scheduled a hysterectomy for me in 2013. All my pain is gone and I’m finally back to normal. I got my quality of life back.
- Amanda’s Story After my third child was born I opted for a tubal ligation. My dr urged me to use Essure because it is less invasive and there is no recovery. Of course I trusted my dr, so I did it. That […]
- Brittni’s Story I had the procedure done in 2011 I have yet to have any complications from it except for I do get yeast infections a lot more and even some vaginal Infections. When I went into the OB 41 […]
- Marcia’s Story I had the Essure procedure in August 2011, I thought it was no big deal – but then, my periods became heavy and lasted forever! Up to 2 weeks and the cramping was mind blowing. My […]
- Monica’s Story I hot E Hell put in me in 2007,I had little knowledge, my Dr. did not want to do a tubal because I had a few stomach surgeries. That was my only option for permanent birth control. I […]
- Abby’s Story My name is Abby. I am a 29 year old single mother of 3. I, like many woman here, went to my doctor soon after my third child was born for permanent sterilization. And my doctor, like many […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the procedure done at the end of March 2013. It was a difficult decision for me as I was not done having children but it was no longer safe for me to have more due to 3 c-sections. […]