After having our 3rd child my husband and I talked about a form of birth control and my doctor told me about essure which sounded ok at the time. He said he had done the procedure before so I went in to have it done and everything went wrong from that moment on I called the doctors office in pain and they said not to worry it would pass. A few weeks later I called againbecause I was unable to do anything because of the pain and nothing It hurt to move any at all, getting up, laying down, laughing. I told them I had a newborn and 2 other kids and I was barely able to move because I hurt so much, after months of calling they finally decided to see me and found that it had went through both of my tubes and into my uterus. I had to have a hysterectomy leaving only my overies since he didnt want me to have to take hormones. The hour after I was out of surgery I was walking around feeling great. I would not recommend this device to anyone!! Worst mistake of my life.
- Shalia’s Story My name is Shalia I am 30, but I was 22 at the time I got the Essure. I had just had my 2nd child and made the decision that 2 was enough for me so I began speaking with my doctor about a […]
- Lilly’s Story When my 25th birthday hit, I headed to the OBGYN to finally get my tubal ligation. The Doctor at the military hospital would not do them till then. When I got there she told me about a […]
- Amanda’s Story I am a 26 year old female in March of 2013 I had my 5th child I had a lot of complications with the birth I was told I was not to have anymore kids or it will kill me or the baby so I went […]
- Lisa’s Story I had this procedure done 2 years ago , after my fourth child me and my husband no longer wanted kids and our family was complete. Before getting this we have discussed the options that […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure placed in September 2011. Shortly after I had the procedure done I started having pain and bleeding. I bled for months at a time. They tried hormone manipulation (birth […]
- Yoko’s Story After the birth of my son back in August 2010, I decided that I was finished with having kids and wanted permanent birth control instead of taking something daily, monthly etc. My family […]