I had the Essure implant about 5 years ago. Thought it was the best thing until I started to have very heavy menstral periods. I would not last a half hour without having to change everything. I am only 40 years old and now with that going on I have also have gained 65 lbs in that time. I have been on diets and excercise and just can’t sheed it. I never understoody how I could have gained this much weight in such a short time and with what I eat. I finally had a Dr. that questioned my birthcontrol and when I told her that I had Essure she put it all together along with all the migrains I have been getting. I am now on medication the rest of my life due to the migrains and the weight just keeps climbing. All I can do is do what I have been doing and keep eating healthy and exercise andenjoy my family.
- Rhonda’s Story I had the Essure put in after my daughter was born in 08. I was perfectly healthy. No medicine. Nothing. Four months later I was having surgery for ovarian cysts. My Dr never checked to […]
- Melissa’s Story I have a brain aneurysm and with each child I had, I was risking my life. After my third child my high risk ob/gyn suggested I look into getting my tubes tied And referred me to another […]
- Irene’s Story On the advice of my obgyn I had essure implanted in October 2006 as my birth control method. I seemed fine for a couple years. But in 2008 I began to get tired and gain weight. I could […]
- Amy’s Story I was 21 years old and just had my second child when I was offered the Essure procedure because I wanted 'permanent' birth control. This was completed March 2007. The doctor has some […]
- Rachel’s Story I received the Essure implants in August of 2014. While I have not experienced things that are horriffic, I have gained 45 pounds since they were placed a little over one year ago. I have […]
- Andrea’s Story My 2nd child was born March 29, 2007. The pregnancy was very normal, and I gained a minimal amount (30 pounds). Once the baby was born, I lost all but 10 pounds right away. Shortly […]