My name is Amanda I’m 32 years old after having my fifth child in 2008 my doctor told me about the assure and I thought why not its easier faster and cheaper than a tubal ligation but now 6 years later in having many complications from this device constant bloating, abdominal pain, skin rash all over my body, missed periods, constant mood changes ect. I would love to just have it taken out I feel like its ruining my life but I can’t afford the reversal procedure its like 8000.00 and medicaid covered to have it done but does not cover to have it reversed. My Advice to all women considering birth control do not have the desire procedure done because you will regret it in the long run and will experience harmful effects.
- Amanda’s Story I am a 34 year old mother of one. My husband and I decided years ago that we only wanted one child. Though my doctor was not on board, she decided that we needed to go with something […]
- Latisha’s Story After having my third child in 2010 I knew I was done having children. I was scheduled to have a tubal ligation done in May of 2011 but was dropped from insurance April 2011. We then moved […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure placed in September 2011. Shortly after I had the procedure done I started having pain and bleeding. I bled for months at a time. They tried hormone manipulation (birth […]
- Ashley’s Story My name is Ashley and I am a mother to 3 beautiful children. With my last child I had to have an emergency C-Section at 34 weeks. My doctor advised against me getting a tubal because of […]
- Susan’s Story To anyone who is considering this procedure: Inform yourself and ask your doctor about all of the side effects. I was considering doing this procedure, myself, as my obgyn made it sound […]
- Valerie’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted in August 2011. For over a year, I have been fighting severe hip pain, back pain, leg pain with a dull, numb, achy and burning sensation. X-rays, nerve […]