I had the Essure placed in September 2011. Shortly after I had the procedure done I started having pain and bleeding. I bled for months at a time. They tried hormone manipulation (birth control) to help with the bleeding, but no such luck!
During the 10 months following the procedure I had only five weeks without pain and bleeding. I had become anaemic and was very depressed. I eventually started to see a different doctor and ended up having to have a complete Hysterectomy in July 2012. My advice for people is don’t have Essure put in, there are so many other options.
- Amanda’s Story After having our 3rd child my husband and I talked about a form of birth control and my doctor told me about essure which sounded ok at the time. He said he had done the procedure before […]
- Amanda’s Story My name is Amanda I'm 32 years old after having my fifth child in 2008 my doctor told me about the assure and I thought why not its easier faster and cheaper than a tubal ligation but now […]
- Joey’s Story After three children I decided on the Essure due to my doctor's advice. I had the procedure done in the beginning of March 2012. I had my confirmation scan done in approximately July, […]
- Nyoka’s Story I had the essure procedure in 2010 and it has been very difficult. I have stomach and bacj pain as well as strange bleeding weeks at a time. I know I made the choice to get essure but I […]
- Frances’s Story I had essure done April 2nd 2013 and now nervous because I have been bleeding everyday. Had intercourse with fiancée a week later and hurt. Very restless feeling unusual bruising and […]
- Kayla’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in April 2013, 6 weeks PP. I had cramping, back pain, and bleeding constantly everyday since the procedure, until the end of September of this year. Now […]