I had the procedure done at the end of March 2013. It was a difficult decision for me as I was not done having children but it was no longer safe for me to have more due to 3 c-sections. My doctor pushed me to have this surgery despite my resistance. When I say pushed, really pushed. I believe they might get a kickback for doing the procedure.
Since then, I have been constantly spotting, sometimes heavy, sometimes light. I have also had abdominal cramping that sometimes reaches around to my lower back. At times, I take Advil to help with the pain. I have also had two severe bladder infections – prior to this, I had no bladder infections. Intercourse is also painful. I am heartbroken over this. This has been not only an extremely emotional time, it is now turning out to be very painful as well. Worst decision of my life!
- Amanda’s Story Hi my name is Amanda im 32, from Grafton, Wv. I got the essure procedure done in 2008 and had no signs of any problems with it for the first 3 yrs then i started getting very sharp […]
- Catrice’s Story I had the essure procedure about ten years ago and needless to say it didn't work . Only my left tube is blocked. since then I've had a lot of abdominal pain n infections. I have also been […]
- Indi’s Story I had the essure procedure done in 2009 a few months after giving birth to my 3rd child. At the time it seemed like a less evasive procedure with no hospitalization and surgery […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on April 26, 2013. It seemed like the best option for me: permanent birth control, less recovery time, no surgery. I also got a depo provera shot a month […]
- Kazia’s Story I got the essure implants in August 2013, since then I have been a total train wreck. The procedure was completely pain free and I was told that everything went great. I started bleeding […]
- Amanda’s Story I had my essure done October of 2012. Since then I have had chronic pelvic pain, back pain, abdominal pain. I have been to a urologist for numerous UTI'S. I've seen a cardiologist for […]