I have no desire to have children. It’s not my journey. I have been using the Mirena IUD for 7 years now and am happy enough, but wanted a more permanent solution. I heard about Essure and was giving it great consideration. But thanks to your website, and the stories of them women on here, my answer is ‘Hell NO!’ I have never liked the idea of a foreign object in my body, and your information confirms just how bad of an idea it really is. Thank you for being an advocate for women, being an advocate for me.
- Tiffany’s Story I have been seriously considering having the Essure, after talking to a friend who had it done, and had excellent results. My husband and I have been back and forth, between this, and […]
- Tamara’s Story I got this procedure done in 2010 a couple months after having my last baby. I too have been experiencing a lot of these symptoms especially the cramping all the time. I thought it was […]
- Jane’s Story I have not had the essure procedure myself, however I work in claims and benefits at a private insurance company. With the new Afforable Care Act this procedure, since its considered […]
- Perez’s Story I'm going on a year of having this Essure implant. Thought it would be legit, being this is my third child and I didnt want any more. Didnt read up on it, my OB/GYN doctor assured me this […]
- Beth’s Story My name is Beth, and I had the Essure procedure done in May of 2011. I had never heard of it before then. I had turned just turned 40, and my obgyn wanted to take me off of birth control […]
- Donna’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2009. It was done in my OBGYN's office. I was given a Valium to take before the procedure but still experienced a great deal of pain. The first coil did […]