I had the essure done in January, 2010. I have been suffering from many issues since then but never put 2 & 2 together until I came across a story on a local news channel. Prior to the essure procedure I had my 4th child and decided that I did not want to have any more children. I talked to my Doctor about the options I had. He suggested the essure procedure. I was all for it since it was done in the clinic and seemed pretty easy and painless. After the procedure I thought “this is great”. Until I got my period. I had severe cramping for a week prior to bleeding then bled heavily for a week, passing large clots and had massive cramping. At those times I wasn’t able to leave my house much less the toilet. I literally had my cycle 3 weeks per month after a week of feeling ok it would start all over again. I had some trips to the ER that found nothing. I had numerous trips to see my Dr. He put me back on birth control pills to try and regulate things. After months of pain, heavy bleeding, headaches, fatigue, loss of balance my doctor suggested a full hysterectomy leaving only my left ovary. I had my hysterectomy in February of 2014.
- Janie’s Story Hello, I’d like to take the time to share my story about the little E-Devils, E-Hell a/k/a Essure Coils. First let me start by saying I am only 31 years old. Back in 2012 after having my […]
- Amy’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in May 2011 in my doctors office. I returned back to work on Monday. I did not have any complications the first few weeks after having it done and only had […]
- Kimyatta’s Story I am 33 years old with three children. I had Essure implanted in 2009 a year after having my third child. Immediately I began to have really bad cramping and bleeding. I brought it to my […]
- Amy’s Story I was in a 'clinical trial' for a similar procedure invented by an MD in Australia. Essure sounds almost exactly like what I had done. I had 2 children at the time and couldn't […]
- Sarah’s Story I too got the Essure procedure done in 2010 and it was the single worst thing I have ever had done to me. I chose to do it in the clinic versus under sedation because the doctor reassured […]
- Willow’s Story I had the Essure procedure 6 weeks after my fifth child was born. I chose Essure because my Doctor told me that it was so easy and safe and that I would not have any down time. I had to […]