I had essure done in 2009 after my 3rd child. After about a few months of the implant my periods are heavy and can last up to 2 1/2 wks. I have since been in and out of the er because heart palpitations, uncontrollable chest pains side pains along with to going in the arms and legs. Had several chest xrays, testing in gallbladder, liver and bloodbwork . got hooked up to IV for pain meds and blood work. They keep saying its panic/anxiety attacks but I know my body and never had these problems until a few months after the implant. So, only thing that makes matters worse is Dr’s won’t listen and no insurance and can’t afford to get them out. I just hope other women are aware of the side effects of this essure that they say is the best option. Not in my book it wasn’t. Just wish I could get them out. I know everyone’s body is different, but hate to hear the way a lot of women are having the same symptoms. Bless u for doing what u do on researching and reaching out to women that are having issues with this.
- Erica’s Story My name is Erica. I'm 38 and have 4 amazing children. 3 years ago after researching my options, I decided to have the procedure Essure/Novasure done. I had no idea what would come. My […]
- Jen’s Story My experience with Essure begins in 2008. I am one of those women who can't tolerate any type of hormonal birth control without getting deathly ill. I was considering a tubal ligation, but […]
- Amy’s Story In 2008 giving birth to our last child my husband and I decided to follow our Ob-Gyns advice and have the esure procedure done. Safe form of birth control with no hormonal side effects. […]
- Brandel’s Story My name is Brandel. I had the Essure procedure done almost 4 1/2 years ago. I truly wish I hadn't, but my doctor made it sound amazing and said it was perfect for me. There was no pain […]
- Vanessa’s Story My name is Vanessa and I am 38 yrs old. I had the essure procedure done after my 4th child in 2008. I remember the procedure being described to me as very simple and no down time. I have […]
- Kim’s Story My good friend called me today (October 3rd, 2014) and asked me if I loved the essure procedure. I told her I loved it but what I didn't realize was this: I got it done 4 1/2 years ago. I […]