I had Essure in 2008, after the birth of my 6th child, a preemie. She was premature due to the fact that I have stage 3 kidney disease. My husband and I feel incredibly blessed with six children. Our family was complete. Because of the kidney disease, I couldn’t carry another baby to term, my obgyn advised sterilization.
I researched Essure thoroughly. I felt confident in my decision to go ahead with it. I even researched negative effects of Essure. I found nothing but rave reviews. I went ahead with it. Immediately after the implants were in I started with heavy bleeding, which is something I have never had before. My obgyn told me it was due to my age. I was 37. Since then, I have suffered with headaches, sharp abdominal pains that come randomly, and abdominal puffiness. I am looking forward to having them removed, soon. I hope by sharing my story, someone will be spared from going through this.
- Charlotte’s Story Is this what dying feels like? Like most, I researched the Essure permanent birth control procedure as an alternative to surgical tubal ligation. Because my husband had no intention of […]
- Amy’s Story I had my essure procedure done in 2007. I was never able to take birth control pills due to side effects, so after I had my son and was sure i didn't want anymore children i decided to do […]
- Darnelle’s Story I had my first daughter in February 2003. She was born prematurely at 25 weeks. She only lived for 8 hours. In November 2004 my second daughter was born prematurely at 24 weeks. Today […]
- Jennifer’s Story I'm a young mother of three, after my last child I had the essure implants done back in October 2013. A year later after all the pain and problems I have experienced I am having them […]
- Terria’s Story I had the Essure implants in October 2008 and recently I took a pregnancy test only to discover that I'm pregnant! This wasn't in my plans. I had began noticing severe pains in my […]
- Amy’s Story I had my first child in 2010. We began trying for baby #2 in 2012 but had 3 pregnancies end in early miscarriage. After a successful pregnancy in 2013, I decided I could not go […]