I had the Essure implants inserted in 2011 and I wish I would have known then what the potential side effects would be. I have experienced multiple side effects over the past 4 years and have spent 1000’s of dollars in medical expenses. Everything from CT Scans, MRI, Ultrasounds and multiple rounds of bloodwork. My symptoms include severe pain in my sides and back, severe bleeding during my menstrual cycle, increased migraine headaches, ovarian cysts, extreme nausea especially during my menstrual cycle and more. I had none of these symptoms prior to having the Essure coils implanted. None of these side effects were mentioned prior to having this procedure and my Dr. acted as if there could be no correlation once they started. Within about 4 weeks of having the coils inserted, I began experiencing side effects. I decided to have this procedure rather than having my tubes tied because of the recovery time. I wish now that I would have gone with the more invasive procedure up front!
- Sandra’s Story About 4 years ago I had the Essure procedure done. When I first went to have the procedure I was told that they were only able to get the left one in because my right fallopian tube […]
- Amy’s Story In 2008 after my separation from now ex husband, I knew I needed some type of permanent birth control. I went to see my doctor wanting a tubaligation, but was told about this Essure in […]
- Teri’s Story I have had essure for 3 years now. I have had many of these symptoms that other women are describing but I didn't think that the essure would be causing these things. I have recently […]
- Brandie’s Story I recently visited the ER with pelvic pain. They did ultrasounds and ct scans, another ultrasound ordered by my PCP. Today I found out that along with the fibroid tumor […]
- Holly’s Story After having twins, I thought essure was the perfect device to prevent further pregnancies with no side effects and no down time. It was supposed to be a painless in […]
- Andrea’s Story I had Essure implanted 8 years ago after my last child. I had started suffering heavy bleeding, clotting, and getting abnormal migraine headaches these past 3 years. I often wondered where […]