Hi my name is Amy. I am 42yrs old. I had the essure procedure done in 2009 or 10. Every since then I have experienced lower back pain that wraps around my pelvic gurdle. More headaches than I can count, vagina infections, exscessive bowel movements. This has caused me alot of pain for years. I thought I had a bad back or hip or even STI’s or STD’s. Nothing ever comes back positive, but I still have the same pain. So when I saw this it maded me think that maybe I’m experiencing some problems with the essure as well. I do plan on bringing this up to my Doctor. She didn’t do the procedure my OB Doctor did. I would like to hear more about this and be an advocate as well in the future for the voices that may not have been in heard in the past. Women should be told the whole truth, not just some of it. when I got this down it was new. I feel I took the risk knowing this was a newer procedure on the market, but I also feel the FDA would of hammered out the problems prior to giving it the okay on the market. I hope we can all come to together to make a positive change for the future, and the patients suffering in silence like myself. I want these coils out!
- Shanon’s Story My name is Shanon and I had the Essure procedure after the birth of my 3rd child, he is now 8. At first, I thought this was wonderful I knew I was done having children. Maybe 6 […]
- Rebekah’s Story I'm a thirty-year-old woman that had severe affects of the Essure device. One of the coils was in my uterus. I went through months of sever pain and I had no energy because I was so sick. […]
- Kaylyn’s Story I am updating my daughter's story, which appeared on this site previously. Her name is Kaylyn and she is from Mineral, Virginia. Kaylyn had the Essure implants placed on July, 30, and two […]
- Amy’s Story My Dr. recommended the Essure procedure back in 2006 due to my age and not wanting me to take birth control pills. After this procedure, I had a pinching pain, but did not immediately […]
- Kathleen’s Story I just had the procedure and caught a quick warning sign on the news Yesterday. I decided on the procedure as a less invasive form of steilization because I'm in my late 40's and needed […]
- Amy’s Story I had the essure coils placed in early 2010 after my 5th child. I was told it was safe and minimal to no risks compared to a traditional surgical sterilization. Over time my body seemed […]