I had the essure coils placed in early 2010 after my 5th child. I was told it was safe and minimal to no risks compared to a traditional surgical sterilization. Over time my body seemed to turn on itself and fall apart. My symptoms were so many that no one put them together. Years of ‘autoimmune rashes’ of unknown origin , huge flare up in all allergic reactions ( became hypersensitive to everything, chronic abdominal bloating ( I always look 5 months pregnant) 50 pound weight gain in less than 6 months, constant bloating, bilateral side pain (worse on the right)change in bowel patterns, feelings like I was pregnant and baby ”kicking’/flutters, diagnosed with 2 different autoimmune disorders since procedure, general fatigue and just plain feeling bad. Theses are just some of my issues. I did not connect my illness to the procedure until I saw news reports. I called to schedule consult with doctor who did the procedure and the nurse talking my call was forced to have hysterectomy after left coil migrated out of her tube.
- Roxana’s Story Hello, my name is Roxana Gonzalez and this is my Essure story. First, I'll begin by saying that I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder named Sjogren's Syndrome back in 2007. […]
- Gwyneth’s Story My situation is not as drastic as some, but has had long term effects on my quality of life. I had essure placed in March 2013 with EXTREME agony during placement. My doctor told me […]
- Grace’s Story I had Essure implanted in 2007 at 25 years old. I have a known reaction to nickel since I was a child, and asked the doctor and nurse about the compounds used in essure. Their response was […]
- Claudia’s Story I am 26 yrs old and I had the essure procedure on 10/21/2013 After my third child. For the last 3 months i've had stomach pains, sevite bloating and heavy bleeding with my cycle. I have […]
- Amy’s Story My doctor talked me in to getting the essure. I had my fourth child in Aug. 2010. I went in to have the essure put in but the doctor could not see well enough to insert them. So I went […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in August of 2006. I was a twenty-six year old mother of three girls. My eldest daughter was seven years old, my second born daughter was three years old […]