I had the Essure implant placed in 2008 after my youngest son was born. I have experienced dizziness, moderate to some day’s severe back pain. A few months after I had it done, my husband lost his job and our insurance. I just recently received insurance coverage and plan to go to a Doctor that can remove the implant. I’m very afraid after having found other women with similar symptoms. I feel like I was betrayed by a Doctor I trusted. He told me “this implant was the best out there and that his wife got it and loves it”. I was never informed of any side effects nor was I tested for a nickel allergy.
- Melissa’s Story For the first time in 2 years I feel like I have control. I have had Essure for about 4 years. Since then I have gained 35pounds (sometimes 10lbs at a time within 2 days),had skin rashes […]
- Serina’s Story Making sense of it all…I have wondered what has been happening to my body since I delivered my fourth child via C-section 12/3/10 and within a couple weeks because of insurance, […]
- Jennifer’s Story I was 37 years old and my son was about to turn 18 when I decided that I didn't want nor could I handle more children. I talked to my doctor who told me about this 'great' procedure. I […]
- Lorena’s Story I'm going to tell anyone reading this, that the Essure is not safe for any woman. If you have the Essure now and you arent having any symptoms yet or aren't sure if its the Essure […]
- Caren’s Story I had the Essure implants approximately 2.5 to 3 years ago. About 8 months after I started to experience extreme pelvic pain. I still have excruciating pain like a knife being put in you […]
- Amy’s Story I had essure done in 2009 after my 3rd child. After about a few months of the implant my periods are heavy and can last up to 2 1/2 wks. I have since been in and out of the er because […]