I am so glad I saw the stor on Essure because I had no idea so many women were having problems. I had essure inserted back in 2009 or 2010. My horror started when the gyn tried to insert the 2nd essure in my tube. The 1st one went in fine, but when she went to do the other tube I was in horrible pain it hurt so bad I was crying and they brought my mom into the office to help calm me. I started having spastic tubes but whatever it was it was bad. I was so glad that it was over so I thought. Next I had to go back to have dye inserted to make sure it took well that hurt like hell and again I cried and then when she told me it didn’t take as the dye went right through I cried hysterically. The pain I went through to have them inserted was awful and then to hear it didn’t take so I had to get my tubes tied a few months later. From time to time I get very bad pelvic pain that has me doubled over but never related it to the essure until now. Sometimes the pain is so bad I cry. I get geadaches and rashes but also didn’t think about the essure. After seeing this and other women stories I am going to be more alert o some of the issues I have. I am so upset now but I hope the little bit I wrote helps others.
- Melissa’s Story I suppose I could consider myself lucky, as when I was having the procedure done, my ob/gyn could not insert the second 'spring' into my right fallopian tube in December of 2012. Months […]
- Stacey’s Story I got the essure procedure done in early 2010 because it seemed like the best choice for me….but now I regret it. I am 25 years old and cannot live life normal. Ever since I have had […]
- Jackie’s Story I am a 36 year mom, almost 3 weeks post op from a total hysterectomy I did not want, but had to have due to previously having the Essure procedure. From the time of having the Essure […]
- Andrea’s Story In March 2006 I had the Essure procedure done. I am now 40 years old and after 13 years, it feels like I am having a heavy period, cramps that are leaving me in the fetal position. It […]
- Natalie’s Story My name is Natalie, I'm 36 years old and I received the Essure tubal in early 2004. During that time it was relatively new and I was one of the first 50 women in my area to get this […]
- Teri’s Story I am a 29 year old mother of three. I got the Essure implants in 2009. Until a few days ago when a friend mentioned it to me I didnt even think to connect the medical problems I have been […]