I had the Essure procedure done in February of 2010 after my son was born since my husband and I decided we were done having children. The procedure itself went fine and much dye test came back that the procedure was a success. About a year or so later I started having pains in my lower abdomen primarily on my left side and migraines that never were an issue before. As time goes on I seem to be having more and more issues that can’t be explained.
As I sit here typing my story I am hurting. I have never had a history of painful menstrual cycles but now there are times I hurt so much it is almost unbearable to stand up straight. After reading up on the Essure and hearing other women give their testimonials I firmly believe that my issues are caused from what I thought at the time was going to be the best choice for birth control.
I hope sharing my experience with others will help other women who are thinking about forms of permanent birth control. Knowing what I know now I would not have gone with the Essure until more information had come to light.
- Katherine’s Story My name is Katherine and I had the ESSURE completed in May of 2006. I was 24 years old back then and had given birth to 2 children and had 1 miscarriage. I wasn't fully aware of what […]
- Ashley’s Story In March of 2012 I recieved essure. I was told like many other's that this was the most effective, fastest as well as the least amount of healing per say as all the other options that […]
- Pat’s Story I decided to have the procedure done because I'm 46 years old and I already have 4 beautiful children and do not intend on having any more, especialy since I am single and don't […]
- Amy’s Story In 2008 after my separation from now ex husband, I knew I needed some type of permanent birth control. I went to see my doctor wanting a tubaligation, but was told about this Essure in […]
- Sandra’s Story About 4 years ago I had the Essure procedure done. When I first went to have the procedure I was told that they were only able to get the left one in because my right fallopian tube […]
- Jennifer’s Story I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the news tonight. Before they ever said what the birth control was, I knew because I was experiencing similar symptoms. I am not having chronic […]