Dear Women Looking to Have Essure Procedure,
I would HIGHLY NOT recommend this for a form of birth control, I did it because it was a cheaper out for my insurance, a $20 copay compaired to thousands of dollars for tube tying. I was told the side effects were minimual. Since my procedure I have had uncontrollable bleeding to the point where I need to get the Depo shot just to eliminate the bleeding. So now I have the side effects from the Depo shot as well. I also have had at times servere abdominal pains and cramps, no of which I have EVER had in my life. Overall I wish it was explained a little more than ‘this is the least expensive and can be done in the office’.
I am a healthy and fit 39yr who now has to deal with these side effects daily. Please do not take the ‘cheap’ way out….
- Candi’s Story I had the essure procedure done in 2009 and I wasn't warned about any side effects of this procedure. They only thing I was told is its perminant form of birth control. The 1st 3months I […]
- Aurelia’s Story I went to my gynecologist for my annual check up in Nov. 2008. I inquired about getting back on depo provera, which I had once used for at least 10 years, when my doctor began to explain […]
- Corrina’s Story Hello my name is Corrina. I had the Essure implant procedure done December 2011, I was 37 years old. I have had issues with my health since. I can't tell you how exhausting and […]
- Carrie’s Story I was 31 and descided I was finished having children and ready to start my career as a nurse. I had the essure procedure done August 2012 and wish I would have never done it. I have […]
- Latishia’s Story I have 6 children , and decided I wanted a form of birth control. I've been on the pill and depo before,but wanted something more permanent. Talk with my doctors about getting my tubs […]
- Cynthia’s Story I have four children and I was completely sure that I did not want anymore children. My doctor offered me this method of birth control and told me how effective it was. I had the procedure […]