I had the Essure procedure done almost 3 year ago, after deciding that 4 children were enough. A little over 1 1/2 years after having the procedure done I missed my period. I went in to see my OBGYN thinking something was wrong because I NEVER miss!! To my fiance and my surprise, we were pregnant!! Immediately I burst into tears and was completely confused. Here I was thinking I would never be pregnant again, I thought I would have a mental breakdown or need therapy!! My previous prenatal doctor refused to take me as a patient, labeled me as a liability. I had to have multiple tests done constantly & was told that my baby may have down syndrome. My daughter is now going on a year old and has been labeled a ‘miracle’ baby, she is healthy! But now what do I do to prevent this from happening again?? I was told there was nothing else they could do.
- Norma’s Story Just found out I am 17 weeks pregnant. Had Essure procedure done 2.5 years ago. During ultrasound doctors were able to see one coil, not sure where the second coil is at this point. Will […]
- Kashica’s Story I still can wrap my head around the fact that a person whom you trust with your health/life could be so careless as to clearly and concisely explain and guide you in making a decision with […]
- Erica’s Story My name is Erica. I'm 38 and have 4 amazing children. 3 years ago after researching my options, I decided to have the procedure Essure/Novasure done. I had no idea what would come. My […]
- Jenny’s Story I had my coils put in in 2007, it was touted as an awesome procedure, no down time and very little cramping. I was fine for the first couple of years, maybe a little less and then I […]
- Pamela’s Story I had this procedure done because I have 4 children and am going on 35 yrs old, and I do not wish to have any more children. I also loved the idea of a hormone free, surgery free form of […]
- Tasha’s Story First of all thanks to the brave women that were able to connect the dots. I am a daughter/wife/sister/mother and victim of this mess. I have a clotting disorder Antiphosphate Lipid […]