Hello! After giving birth to my third child (husband and I have 7 children all together), we had decided that we were done having children. I visited my ob gyn and went over my options. He recommended the ‘Essure’ . As you didn’t have to be completely put under and wouldn’t need to be cut or go through laser. I agreed. It stated it was 99.9% effective. I did as I was told.
After I had the procedure done, I did the depo shot as birth control for 3 months and condoms. After 3 months I went in and had them do a scan to see if the Fallopian tubed had scar up around the Essure coils. My results came back stating my tubes were blocked and the procedure was a success. It was great. Until about a year later, we found out I was pregnant. We were devastated . I have per-menopausal symptoms. The doctor could care less with the situation.
- Patty’s Story Essure is the one decision in my life that I regret. I regret that I did not do any research about it other than the Essure website and the pamphlet my GYN gave me. That is a mistake I […]
- Deirdre’s Story My nightmare with Essure I was 27 and pregnant with my youngest daughter when I was asked if I had considered sterilization. The mid-wife in my OB/GYN’s office […]
- Mandy’s Story I'm 39 years old. My husband and I decided that we were done having children. I had a very bad reaction to the depo provera shot. I didn't like the side effects to bc pills so I was […]
- Krystal’s Story I have been blessed by 5 beautiful children. I concieved our 4th child while I was on traditional birth control. He was born with a congenital heart defect along with other medical […]
- Carrie’s Story I had the essure implant done on December 23, 2008. I had it done as an outpatient procedure. I immediately began to have problems with the implant. I had pain, weakness, and could not […]
- Evelyn’s Story My husband and I decided we were done having children after my fifth child and only son. I had spoken with my OB/GYN regarding permanent birth control throughout my pregnancy and firmly […]