Hello my name is Aretha Washington and i have two kids. I decided that I wanted no more kids at the age of 30. So my primary doctor told me about the Essure implant in 2008. It was the worst decision that I’ve ever made in my life. I stayed in pain everyday for three years. I was going back and fourth to the doctor. I was on pain medication everyday where to the point my body got used to the pain medication that I was on. So after three years of dealing with daily chronic pain I told my doctor something has to give I can’t continue to live like this everyday. So she suggested to have a partial hysterectomy in 2011 because that was the only was I would be pain free. I was beyond devastated at the age of 33 I had to have a hysterectomy done all because of something I thought was safe.
- Aretha’s Story I'm a mother of two and in 2008 I decided not to have any more kids. So my doctor introduces me to the Essure procedure saying it's better than the regular procedure. So I went ahead and […]
- Debra’s Story I have to say… I have had 'The coils' as I call them, for 7 years. Not a day goes by when the pain is not there. When on my cycle… now extremely random… The pain is so […]
- Corrina’s Story Hello my name is Corrina. I had the Essure implant procedure done December 2011, I was 37 years old. I have had issues with my health since. I can't tell you how exhausting and […]
- Chrisanne’s Story Thanks to everyone for helping to feel I am not alone. My GYN told me about the implants two years ago. He said it would be great to decrease menstrual symptoms, non hormonal, quick and […]
- Marcela’s Story Here is my story: I have a son with special needs and after genetic testing and the high possibility of having more with the same condition I decided in 2008 to use the ESSURE device after […]
- Kim’s Story Hi, I too had the Essue procedure done in Feb of 2011. Immediately started having problems with cramps and heavier bleeding than what I had been used to. I bled for the first 3 months […]