After two kids I decided I did not want any more and went to my doctor asking about permanent contraception. My doctor told me about Essure which shounded great at the time. Having them in was no problem and I was up and moving the same day. It was at the 3 month check to make sure that the coil had scarred over that I had severe pain on my left side. My doctor told me the left side had not scarred over and the fluid was leaking through so we would have to recheck in another 3 months. I had my check last week and the same tube had not scarred over and the pain was even worse this time. Each day the pain has gotten worse to the point I cant even get out of bed. It took over a week for my doctor to get through to the complany and they told her it needed to be removed. They said a hysterectomy may be the best choice since it is so close to tearing the uterine lining. I’m scheduled to go into surgery on November 6th and can only hope that this will end the pain.
- Erin’s Story After having my second child, my husband and I decided that we did not want any more children; so I decided to have the essure procedure done. Within hours of having the procedure I was in […]
- Ariel’s Story My name is Ariel. I had the Essure done July 30, 2012 and since then I am constantly in pain! I'm always cramping even when I am not on my period. It is more painful on my right side than […]
- Priscilla’s Story I just saw a commercial about the problems with Essure and never knew that some of the problems I have been having could be because of it. Here is my story. I have been having heavy […]
- Darcy’s Story First and foremost, I'd like to say how sad and outraged I feel for all of the women out there who were hurt by Essure. I had the procedure about six years ago when it was relatively new, […]
- Patricia’s Story My Essure procedure was terrible from the beginning. The day I went in for the placement it was so painful. The doctor had a student do the placement. He never could get it in the […]
- Patty’s Story Essure is the one decision in my life that I regret. I regret that I did not do any research about it other than the Essure website and the pamphlet my GYN gave me. That is a mistake I […]