I had the essure done after my 3 rd child. He was about 4 months old. I was told how ‘wonderful’ this birth control was going to be. Never once did they tell me how horrible and long my periods were going to be. When I went back to my doctor because the pain was so severe I was told there’s nothing they can do. I said ‘seriously!!!’ I want it out! Now!! Sorry, we can’t do that was my doctors response. I went back several times and called about how much pain I’m in during my period. Still, I’m told take over the counter ibuprofen. Or neproxen. Treated like I’m nobody. Here I am 3.5 years later almost and regret it every day that I had the essure. I’ve gained 30+lbs. I’m not happy at all with my body. I get headaches often. I believe it has a lot to do with the essure. I do not recommend anyone use this birth control. I hope this saves someone else from a lot of pain and weight gain.
- Aimy’s Story I decided to have the Essure procedure done in June 2012, after deciding I didn't want anymore children (ages 19 and 13). I discussed this option with my obgyn after deciding to get off […]
- Lucy’s Story I had the esure done in June of 2011. Shortly after having it I had a little bit of pain and then it went away for 3 years. Well for the past almost 4 months I got the pain back and it was […]
- Maria’s Story In 2006 I gave birth to our 3rd child and months later my husband and I decided 3 was a good number for us. I spoke to my doctor about birth control options and she mentioned Essure, […]
- Lena’s Story I had this procedure done in April of 2012 3 months after the birth of my third child. The procedure itself was painful, and I was in severe pain for well over a week. I also bled from the […]
- Cheryl’s Story I had Essure done back in 2007. I had no choice for any other procedure to do. I was told by my obyn that this is the only procedure they do for permant birth control. I really did not […]
- Ashley’s Story My name is Ashley Padgett, from Tuskegee, AL. I had my first child in May of 2010 and then diagnose with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2012. So my decision to get birth control was being […]