I had the Essure procedure done on December 7, 2010. Three to four months after the procedure, I started having strong abdominal pain anywhere from severe cramps to shooting pains. After a few months of testing, I was diagnosed with Adnomyosis and was told I needed a hysterectomy.
On December 2, 2012, I had my cervic, uterus, and fallopian tubes removed. The pathology report was negative for Adnomyosis, Endometriosis, and any form of cancer. When I asked my ob/gyn what the problem was then, she said, ‘It was a reaction to Essure. If I had known this would happen, I never would have advised you to have Essure done.’ I was 26 years old.
- Melissa’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2009 and I have had pain ever since. I had cervical cancer which was removed by a leep procedure a month after i had the Essure in. For the past year I have […]
- Tabitha’s Story I had the essure put in 7 months ago and when they did the dye test they seen the coil came out of my right fallopian tube and adhered to my uterus. They said i would need immediate […]
- Jessica’s Story I had Essure placed on June 20, 2012. The hsg test to confirm blockage was done on September 27, 2012. One tube was not blocked the other one was. My doctor decided we would do another […]
- Brittni’s Story I had the procedure done in 2011 I have yet to have any complications from it except for I do get yeast infections a lot more and even some vaginal Infections. When I went into the OB 41 […]
- Shandy’s Story When I was 22 yrs old I decided after my second child I din't want anymore and was looking into birth control options. My doctor recomended several different types and we decided assure […]
- Jena’s Story I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had […]