I had the Essure placed in my body in 2010 after my fourth child. I have had complications since then. Since having the Essure coils placed in my body, my periods are seriously heavy, that last 7 tor up to 10 days. I have to use tampons and pads and sometimes even have to change both of them hourly. I have serious passing of huge blood clots. I have symptoms of menopause and I am only 35 years old. I am highly irritable , I have hot flashes. I have bloating and have had weight gain. I have dizzy spells and nausea and have mysterious rashes that I have come to believe are an allergic reaction to the nickel in the Essure product. I would never have had this done had I known the serious complications, I am now having. I chose Essure due to the simple outpatient procedure and short recuperating time originally in comparison to tubal ligation. I would not recommend this product for anybody I no longer have the financial resources in order to have this removed from me. I hope that something good comes out of this campaign.
- Vicki’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about five years ago. One of the coils was inserted a little too far so the doctor couldn't guarantee that it would work. I went back 3 months later and […]
- Heather’s Story I am a 31 year old mother of two children. I had the Essure process done in late 2009. Since it was done my periods have been very heavy and sporadic. About 5 months ago now I began […]
- Rachel’s Story I got my essure implant in 2009. I only have one ovary, because I had an infection in my ovary and had it removed in 2001. It went alright at 1st, but about 6 months later I developed a […]
- Crystal’s Story Hi my name is Crystal, I had this surgery done after my son was born in 2009. First I was never told of any side effects and was also told the coils were made of silicon. The side effects […]
- Rose’s Story I had the coils put in about 2011, I had a regular period for a few months then it just stopped coming. I am 47 & thought it might be early menopause, I have had some hot flashes as […]
- Kim’s Story I had the essure done in December 2011, Ever since I have had severe cramping and severe periods. I was thinking it was just me getting older. I am only 31. The headaches, back pain, hot […]