I was 21 back in August 2009 when I decided to have Essure put in. I had just had my son who was born with health problems and also my third child. Me and birth control never got along. I tried several different methods over the years and my body reacted to all of them. So I figured a tubal was the way to go especially since I didn’t want any more kids of my own.
Not long after getting the Essure put in I started having pains in the abdomen. I called my obstetrician but she just brushed it off. Refused to even set up an appointment to check it out. My cycles became heavy and long, bad cramps to where I stayed in bed and fatigue. I don’t have health insurance any more to get looked at and when I go into the ER they never refer me to the free ob clinic for care. I know that its the Essure because before it I was completely healthy. The latest is that I stay with a constant pain on the left side if I stretch it becomes extremely painful. Getting Essure has been my only regret. I cannot afford a reversal or removal so I’m stuck. I also have other problems as well with them that would be another long story. I’m just not myself anymore.
- Ashley’s Story My husband and I had our second child in March of 2010. After much discussion, we knew we were done having biological children and set out to search for a doctor who would perform tubal […]
- Ashley’s Story Hello, my name is Ashley I am 28 years old, and I had to essure procedure done in 2006. Six weeks after but second daughter was born. My OBGYN at the time spoke very highly of the product. […]
- CHRISTINA’s Story Well I had the essure done in 2009. I've had minor health issues but didn't assume it was from this. Twenty one days ago I started the worst pain of my life. I've had a pelvic exam, […]
- Corrina’s Story Hello my name is Corrina. I had the Essure implant procedure done December 2011, I was 37 years old. I have had issues with my health since. I can't tell you how exhausting and […]
- Casey’s Story I had an Essure procesure done in April 2014. I went for my HSG test in July and found that the right side was completely sealed but the left side was open and the coil was pierced through […]
- Khristi’s Story I am a 30 year old healthy female. I had the Essure done in 2010. I have been going to the same Doctor for 15 years and trusted his opinion on the procedure. I don't blame him, as I feel […]