My name is Ashli and I’m a young mother of 2 beautiful children. I got exactly what I wanted- a boy and a girl. I knew I was done having children. When talking options with my doctor, and deciding whether or not my husband would get a vasectomy or not we talked all the options with my OBGYN. Since I was a working mother, we thought the Essure procedure would be the best option for me. Hormone free, and recovery time is quick.
I truly wish we chose the vasectomy instead. My husband wishes the same (believe it or not.)
I had the procedure done in July 2012. Recovery time was very quick, but I can and have always felt the coils. They hurt, they feel sore, and the pain hasn’t gone away. My menstrual cycles ever since having the Essure has been horrific- blood that appears black, incredible pain, and lasts way longer than it ever did before. I experience random spells of dizziness and have not been able to lose any weight despite all of my best efforts. My doctor has told me that it can’t be the Essure device that is causing my issues.
I am seeking to get a second opinion next month (December 2013.) Wish me luck that I don’t need to get a hysterecomy at the age of 26.
- Robin’s Story I am a 34 yr. old mother of one 4 year old girl and stepmom to two teenage boys. My husband and I decided after we had a little girl that we were complete as a family. My obgyn, who […]
- Cassie’s Story Hi my name is Cassie. I am 24 years old and a mother to a beautiful little girl and a baby boy. My husbandand I knew after we had our son that we didn't want any more children. I discussed […]
- Pat’s Story I decided to have the procedure done because I'm 46 years old and I already have 4 beautiful children and do not intend on having any more, especialy since I am single and don't […]
- Sherry’s Story My name is Sherry Jefferson and I'm a mother of 4boys and 4 girls I had the essure put in 1 year ago and I'm having the worst pain that you could possibly imagine it feels like my insides […]
- Michelle’s Story My story starts in 2010 after my third child was born. I decided to get a Essure placement for birth control. My body immediately rejected the Essure coils. I have never had women issues […]
- Shasta’s Story I am a 36 year old mother of three beautiful daughters. My last daughter was born march 9, 2012. I had the procedure in May of that year and had my follow up I believe in July. For the […]