I had the procedure done in October of 2012. My body resisted the coils from the beginning. During the procedure, my body tremorred, I was nauseated and threw up twice. My doctor later told me that it was difficult to place the coil on my left side. The coils gave me infection after infection and lower abdominal pain. I couldn’t exercise, sit or stand like I used to.
I had the coils removed in November of 2012, yet the lower abdominal pain continued. My doctor told me there was nothing more he could do and that I would have to live with the pain.
In February 2013, I had an x-ray done with another OB who was a pain specialist and found that my original doctor left behind broken pieces of the coil. I am currently in search of an OB that can help me figure out the placement of the broken pieces (if they are sticking out of my uterus, etc) to see if there is any alternative treatment (like physical therapy) before seeking a hysterectomy. I welcome any advice!
- Lynn’s Story I had the procedure done in May of 2012. I was told right after that they believed the devise malfunctioned. I had 1 coil inserted into my left tube and 2 coils inserted into my right […]
- Stephanie’s Story hi my name is stephanie hatten im currently 29 yrs old march of 2010 i got the essure coils placed in.i was tols it was safe and way better then an actual tubal.. the past 4 years have […]
- Carrie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 4.5 years ago. About 2 years ago, I started gaining weight, sleepless nights, night sweats, anxiety, top of thigh tingling, sharp pains at the area of […]
- Melissa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done and since then I have had severe pain in my abdominal area. It was found after my gynecologist thought I needed to have my ovary removed that the devise […]
- Rebecca’s Story My name is Becky. I had the esuure procedure in March of 2011. I didnt really see any real side effects at first. However, about 6 months to a year later I started experiancing cramping […]
- Archell’s Story I had Mirena IUD placed in October of 2012 due to heavy, painful, infrequent periods. I was reassured by my OB that the level of hormones was minimal and shouldn't pose a problem for me […]