My name is Beth, and I had the Essure procedure done in May of 2011. I had never heard of it before then. I had turned just turned 40, and my obgyn wanted to take me off of birth control pills due to my age. He recommended this procedure, indicating it was safe and easy – the best alternative for me. I agreed, based on his professional opinion, which I never had reason in the past to doubt. Unfortunately, nothing about this has been easy for me. My periods now last a minimum of two weeks. Some months, I only have a week between when one ends and the next one begins. I experience horrible cramping, to the extent that I feel nauseous, and have bad headaches. I can’t imagine having to deal with this indefinitely, though it seems like as bad as I feel at times, other women out there have it much worse than I do. My heart goes out to all of you. I’m glad I found this website, so that I know I’m not alone in this.
- Connie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2012 a few months after my son was born. I experience headaches, stomach pain, and nausea very frequenly. I've been to the doctors several times about […]
- Rachelle’s Story At the age of 23 I became a mother of 3.. I have had complications with each one of my pregnancies so I figured the right thing to do for my body was to not conceive anymore. I talked to […]
- Brooke’s Story In April of 2009, I got the Essure Procedure done on a military base. I started having headaches, pain right away, but said it would goes away, but that my body just need to get use to it. […]
- Maureen’s Story First of all I want to thank you for having this website. I thought I was loosing my mind. I have been in pain for so many years and the doctors cant figure out whats wrong with me. […]
- Amber’s Story I have no desire to have children. It's not my journey. I have been using the Mirena IUD for 7 years now and am happy enough, but wanted a more permanent solution. I heard about Essure and […]
- Frances’s Story I had essure done April 2nd 2013 and now nervous because I have been bleeding everyday. Had intercourse with fiancée a week later and hurt. Very restless feeling unusual bruising and […]