Hi I had the essure procedure a few weeks ago and it was horrific. The pain was awful from start to finish. My doctor is amazing so I trust her. We started with ibuprofen for 24 hours prior. Then I took Valium an hour before. Waste of Co pay money. We started with a cervical block where she hit a nerve with the needle and I literally jumped off the table. Then the cramping bagan. Omg 15 out of 20 pain. I couldn’t breathe. It was surreal the amount of pain and prodding. My fallopian tubes kept spasming so they had to back out and re try. Once placed. I was given a heating pad and rest. I couldn’t lay there the pain was so bad I had to move. I was crawling out of my skin. I felt light headed getting dressed and was ushered out the door. I cried all the way home. I told my husband I will give it one hour after getting home and taking tramodol, if I’m still in pain I’m going to the ed. Thank god it took the edge off. I’m still cramping and bleeding weeks later . I wish I had done research before this because this is the worst thing I’ve ever done. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and I can forget what I’ve been thru.
- Brenda’s Story Hi my name is Brenda Garza, I'm 40 years old I was offered Essure in 2013 by a Nurse at a UTMB clinic. Seeing I did not want to have any more kids and had no Insurance at that time, I […]
- Angela’s Story Hi my name is Angela and I got Essure in 2006, after my first born, I have one child and i got essure because I knew I didnt want anymore kids, and still dont want anymore, but the pain i […]
- Monique’s Story I had my procedure done exactly a month after giving birth to my sixth child. I'd heard of the procedure before, in fact I was supposed to have it done after the birth of my fifth child, […]
- Nichole’s Story I had this procedure done July 2, 2012. It was the worst decision I have ever made. First, they don't put you under they just loaded me up with pain medicine, and I was left to get dressed […]
- Megan’s Story I am a 33 year old mom of three children. After serious complications during my last pregnancy, my doctor, my husband and myself decided I needed permanent birth control. My doctor […]
- Renea’s Story Hi, writing this story to let people know the horrible life I've had after getting the birth control essure. Worst thing I've ever did in my life thus far. Thanking God that I have such a […]