My name is Brandel. I had the Essure procedure done almost 4 1/2 years ago. I truly wish I hadn’t, but my doctor made it sound amazing and said it was perfect for me. There was no pain during the procedure, or if there was I was so doped up on pain mess meds I didn’t realize it. Lol.
The first thing I noticed was the change in my menstrual cycle. Or went from 4 days to 8 or 10. And I started having horrible cramps that have gotten worse as time goes on. There so bad now that they make me curl up and cry.
I’ve been having chronic headaches and dizzy spells so bad I think I’m going to pass out. I didn’t really think to blame it on the procedure until I came across a group on Facebook for women who’ve had this procedure. I have been having the a lot of the same issues they’ve been having.
I still have the coils inside of me. I don’t have insurance and can’t afford to have them removed. I hope that this procedure becomes illegal. They’ve hurt all of us.
- Lpri’s Story I had my essure placed in September 2010. Its been 4 1/2 years. The last six months have been painful. It started out as cramps lasting longer then normal to now there are times I wanna […]
- Sherley’s Story Hello my Sherley, I've had Essure since 2011. I've had so many different side effects from it. I have migraines so bad that my doctor started giving me botox shot on my head. My menstrual […]
- Amy’s Story I had essure done in 2009 after my 3rd child. After about a few months of the implant my periods are heavy and can last up to 2 1/2 wks. I have since been in and out of the er because […]
- Nicole’s Story I had Essure inserted 2 years ago as an alternative option to tubal ligation. I am highly allergic to nickel, and was never asked, informed or tested for nickel hypersensitivity. I have […]
- Emily’s Story I was implanted with Essure in October, 2012. The procedure was done in my doctor’s office with cervical block and some pain meds taken before the appointment. The procedure was one of […]
- Angie’s Story Hi my name is Angie and I'm 32 yrs old. I had the essure procedure done after I had my 2nd son. After the procedure was done and the pain meds wore off I was in MAJOR pain. Just wanted to […]