I had the Essure coils inserted a few months after my youngest son was born in 2008. At the time it seemed like the easier option for sterilization. Within two weeks after the procedure I gained 50-60 lbs. For a year I had a constant period. Now I haven’t had a period in at least 2 years. My personality changed drastically because I am now always sick, tired, and sore. Not to mention the weight that I gained two weeks after the surgery is impossible to lose.
I have talked to my doctor and she assures me that it is not the implants problem. However, I was never tested for a nickle allergy and I had none of the problems that I am having now before the procedure. With the economy I am not able to go and have them removed because of my lack of insurance now. So I am saving the money and hopefully soon I will have the money to get them removed and have a better life for not only me but my children who deserve better than what I have been able to give them.
- Dawn’s Story I had the procedure done after the birth of my 3 child in 2006. The procedure was extremely painful. I had severe cramps for a year nonstop. I went to my Dr a few times and he kept wanting […]
- Kimberly’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on January 11, 2013 and I have not stopped bleeding. I am in pain everyday, I have night sweats and am also losing weight because I feel sick all the time. […]
- Michelle’s Story I had essure placed December 31, 2008. I had nothing but problems since. It all started with pain like contractions which I was not told about. Then 2 weeks after essure i had muscle […]
- Candice’s Story I have had the Essure coils in me for 5 years now. And never knew WHY I have so many issues with my periods being all over the place. Doctors told me it was because of my weight and they […]
- CINDY’s Story Hello! I am a 32 yr old single mother of 3 boys. In Sept 2009 I had essure implants placed. Due to my bodies lack of tolerance for birth control pills my Dr at the time strongly suggested […]
- Mattie’s Story August 24, 2014, RE: ESSURE Removal Surgery – Mattie Johnson, Charlotte, NC I am a 55 year old woman who had the ESSURE Implant Surgery in 2007. I already had given birth to my son and […]