I’m a nurse who got Essure device in 2012 since that time I have had debilitating pain. I’ve had 3 or 4 migraines a week and was put on topiramate. Then I became unable to lift my arms, to the point I needed help with dressing. There is pain in my lower abdominal, hips and legs. I can’t take the stairs up or down anymore. Some days I can’t but any pressure on my right leg. I’m allergic to nickel and was told at the time of implant that this did not contain any nickel, which I guess it does. I now take an anti-inflammatory bid so I can work. I was sent to a rheumatoid Doctor who said I have fibromyalgia? Do I? I don’t think so. I have only these symptoms in the last 2 years and it’s getting worse as each day goes by, the fatigue and pain is unbearable and I want this device out of me yesterday, but I work for a Catholic organization whose insurance will not pay for any birth control. I’m 51 I feel like I’m 71. It has robbed me of my dancing and my ability to take care of my family. Im a single parent and this is slowly killing me from the inside out!
- Amanda’s Story Hi, I had my Essure coils implanted in Oct.2008, and from there my life went down hill. I started to have pains in my lower abdomen but I also had a hernia so I never linked the two […]
- Amanda’s Story Hello my name is Amanda i am 30 ur old I have had the essure for almost an exact year now. Almost about a month after I developed odd symptoms rash hives, itching etc. Not to long after […]
- April’s Story Hello All My name is APril I am 29yrs old. I had Essure done in december of 2011. After Having my third son I went to my Dr for a tubal. He convinced me to get essure because it was […]
- Nichole’s Story I had this procedure done July 2, 2012. It was the worst decision I have ever made. First, they don't put you under they just loaded me up with pain medicine, and I was left to get dressed […]
- Rachel’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in July of 2012. I didn't have any problems with it until a couple months ago. The procedure was painful. The doctor was able to place one tube on my right […]
- Brenda’s Story Hi my name is Brenda Garza, I'm 40 years old I was offered Essure in 2013 by a Nurse at a UTMB clinic. Seeing I did not want to have any more kids and had no Insurance at that time, I […]