I have had Essure for two years. Heavy periods were the only side effect that I had experienced besides a feeling of general unrest and slight tenderness in my pelvic region. This has slowly escalated to lightheadedness that is severe enough to have me concerned that someday I’m going to faint away with all my kids in my house. I have aches and pain, dull and achey lower back pain with intermittent stabbing pains. I have constant uterine/pelvic twitching that I mistook for fetal movement and bad headaches, and congestion. I had absolutely none of this.
After I had the Essure I discovered that it was nickel played and became nervous because I knew I was sensitive to nickel. The doctor told me it wouldn’t be a problem, I’m not so sure. With the way I feel right now I would rather have the joy of another child than the frustration and pain of this foreign object in my body. I am seriously considering getting it reversed despite the heavy price tag. My health is more important.
- Brandy’s Story In May 2008 I had the Essure procedure done. It didn't take long for the side effects to start, I had back pain, muscle/joint pain, massive headaches, terrible stabbing pains and so much […]
- Tamara’s Story I had the essure procedure done 2 years ago after having my 4th child, my husband and I decided on NO MORE KIDS. I got the dye test done to confirm my tubes were sealed/blocked and my […]
- Laci’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on October 18, 2012. Just a short five weeks later I am experiencing stabbing pains in my pelvic area and when I have sex is it so painful, and I bleed […]
- Heather’s Story I told the doctor that I am very sensitive to nickel. He said that there's not enough for a reaction and so I believed him. Now I have painful periods and pelvic pain all the time. They […]
- Beth’s Story So when my son was 6 months old and i had period normal. I got the essures put in a 2011 a couple weeks to a couple months later I was having chronic pain in my legs my back my pelvic area […]
- Amanda’s Story I have two boys and in 2008, when my youngest was 2 years old, my husband and I decided to find a more permanent birth control. I went to my local health department and they sent me to my […]