In 2008, after years of pregnancy losses and menstruation issues I decided to have the ESSURE procedure done. Years later I began to experience abdominal pain, heavy, irregular bleeding between my cycles, lower back pain, inflammation and unexplained weight gain. After an MRI was completed in 2013, results showed that one coil had perforated my uterus on the left side and the coil on my right side had migrated. My left fallopian tube partially closed while my right fallopian tube remains open. My Dr. informed me that I was and am still capable of getting pregnant and may experience further complications from the procedure. The pain I experience has prevented me from being able to do things I enjoy doing with my family and hinders me in my military duties. I wish my Dr. would have been completely honest with me and I blame myself for not doing more research on the procedure. We are currently waiting for approval from our insurance company so I can have the surgery needed to correct this mess.
- Rachel’s Story I had the essure coils done in July of 2011. The first month I was fine and was told my cycle may or may not start. The month of September 2011 is when my pain cycle began and lasted over […]
- LeAnne’s Story When I got pregnant right before January of 2012 my husband and I were so excited. I tried for 5 years with my ex husband and for 4 yeara my husband and I were not exactly trying but not […]
- Sylvia’s Story Well where do i begin, I had my last child November 2013 and she is now 16 months. My husband and I had decided our family was completed with our two daughters so I decided to have the […]
- Carrie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 4.5 years ago. About 2 years ago, I started gaining weight, sleepless nights, night sweats, anxiety, top of thigh tingling, sharp pains at the area of […]
- Robin’s Story Erin is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. My essure coils (in spite of the little round things suspended from the ends to keep this from happening) perforated through two walls and the other was […]
- Amy’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in spring of 2013 after the birth of my third child. The class I went to regarding contraception and sterilization, that is required for military members […]