There is nothing safe or 100% sure these days! Everyday we take risks. I took this risk 9yrs ago and yes it has affected my life. I lay here in a hospital bed in pain recovering from a hysterectomy that I had to have because my uterus was so enlarged and the heavy bleeding of my periods monthly. I am like any other woman, who does not want anymore kids, tried all kinds of birth control products, this one being the longest called the Essure has caused me more problems than any. I developed heavy bleeding, pain in the abdominal area, bloating and high blood pressure. My uterus was the size of a 4 month pregnant woman. I first went in knowing that I was gonna get the liproscopal procedure done, but when I came out of recovery I was told my uterus had grown two times larger than before so there was no way to get it out vaginally. I had to get a small belly incision to have the uterus removed which meant a longer recovery. I’m now recovering with God being my strength and my healer. I just wanna thank you Erin Brockovich for hearing my testimony and other woman like me! I wish you luck in all the help you can provide for the women of ESSURE.
- Nicolle’s Story My name is Nicolle and in December of 2007 I had my second daughter. About 2 weeks after I had her, I became very ill and was in and out of the emergency room for about a week until they […]
- Renea’s Story Hi, writing this story to let people know the horrible life I've had after getting the birth control essure. Worst thing I've ever did in my life thus far. Thanking God that I have such a […]
- Rochelle’s Story I got the Essure in 2012. I found out I was pregnant in 2013. I was told I did not wait long enough to have unprotected sex with my husband. Since the birth of my daughter in 2014 I had a […]
- Eureka’s Story hi my name is Eureka i have two kids an i decides i didnt want any more kids so my doctor told me a but the essure an i been in pain ever senc i hav headaces back pain cramping been to the […]
- Carolyn’s Story I am the mother of 3 boys, ages 13, 9, and 6 years. After the birth of our 3rd son, we decided that we were done having kids. We talked about all the options and decided to go with the […]
- Angela’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on October 18, 2013 (3 months ago) and have had nothing but problems every since. They started with having constant cramps that weren't so severe, so I let […]