Hello. My name is Caryn Kukuk. About 7 years ago, when my son was 1, I decided to have the Essure procedure. It seemed like the best choice since I had already had 2 C-sections. My husband agreed. My trouble started about a year later with heavy bleeding, lower back pain and stomach trouble. My cycles were becoming irregular. My doctor was convinced it was because I was in my early 4o’s.
Fast forward to early fall 2012. I began having pelvic pain. My doctor found that my uterus was enlarged and ordered an ultrasound. I was told I had an ovarian cyst and a uterine fibroid. A month later I was in the emergency room for what I thought was a rupturing cyst. After a laparoscopy and biopsy, I was told I had Stage 3B ovarian cancer and needed a hysterectomy and chemotherapy. After genetic testing, I was told that I was not a carrier. I believe now that this is because of the Essure procedure.
- Cassandra’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in January 2004 and have experienced multiple issues ever since. It started off simple enough with what I thought were menstrual cramps, even though I had […]
- Bethaney’s Story In November of 2005 I got the Essure procedure done. At the follow up from the surgery when they did a ultrasound to check it they said it looked great. Just 2 months after the 6 week […]
- Christina’s Story I had the Essure procedure done after I had my second child in 2012. My husband and I decided we were done having children so we thought we were doing the right thing. The Essure is less […]
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted in 2009.It's been 4 years of pain and complications. At first, it wasn't so bad… just irregular menstrual cycles and ovarian cysts. As the years […]
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had Essure placed in September 2011. I was never told about the risk of nickel sensitivity and it was sold as a convenient, pain free device, with minimal down time. The only negative […]
- Sandra’s Story About 4 years ago I had the Essure procedure done. When I first went to have the procedure I was told that they were only able to get the left one in because my right fallopian tube […]