Hello, I just wanted to share how difficult life has been due to these coils. My Dr. insists the problems I am having have nothing to do with the device. However, I feel differently. I was one of the blessed women who never had PMS or any pain or symptoms related to my period. That changed about 11 months after I had the Essure procedure. It all started with horrible pain. Really heavy and painful periods, pain with sex, hip pain and the list goes on. I had an ultrasound and they said the coils were in the right spot, and were not the source of my pain. The Dr. went on to tell me I could have a hysterectomy but it might not take away my pain. He then said I should try physical therapy (not sure how that works when it is your ovaries that hurt) and that there is not much else they can do for me. I thought I could ignore the pain, but if this is how I will be for the rest of my life I am not sure I can handle it. If you are thinking about getting permanent birth control DO NOT HAVE THE ESSURE PROCEDURE DONE!!!!!!! I am almost 100% sure you will have problems.
- Christy’s Story I had the essure procedure in August of 2011. I noticed within a couple of days that the pain and heavy bleeding was not getting better. When using the restroom one day I noticed on my […]
- Susan I had the Essure coils inserted in my tubes in December of 2010. I have had problems ever since. First I had bad painful periods. Then all of a sudden, they stopped. I would get it them […]
- Stephanie’s Story I got the Essure Birth Control when I was 27 years old after my 3rd child. My doctor assured me it was a painless procedure that was safer, and easier than the traditional tubal ligation. […]
- Sue’s Story Essure was candy coated to me and i am getting worse as days go past, started w cramping that never left closure periods w excessive painful cramps, migraines, numbness hands feet, and […]
- Cranstana’s Story Hi Ladies, My name is Cranstana from Detroit, Michigan I opted to have the permanent birth control essure in 2007. I've seen numerous doctors trying to discover why my back is […]
- Kari’s Story I have been married for 17 years and have not been able to get pregnant. My husband and I decided in 2012 that we needed to be responsible about our future. He is 9 years older than […]