I had the Essure done in 2011. I went back for the test and all was 100% blocked. I was put under during the implanting and had no pain except mild cramping afterwards. My periods changed a bit, going from a normal 28 day cycle to about 33-35 day cycle. This has been pretty consistent since Essure.
I have had no problems with Essure, but began searching last month because all of a sudden I had horrible ovulation pain and my period was the most painful cycle I ever experienced. I was expecting for it to be the same this month, however I haven’t experienced any cramps and my period is due in about a week.
The pain of last month was almost unbearable and I am pretty good when it comes to pain. I also have spondylosis and lately it has been flaring up pretty bad, sending my back into excruciating pain. I don’t know if it because of the Essure or not. But I would like some answers to what I have experienced. My insurance is not active at the moment, or I would be seeing the doctor. I would like to know if this is a sure sign of future problems with Essure, or if this happens occasionally for no reason. Is it possible that that pain meant the coil migrated? I just need some answers. Thank you for this site!
- Cara’s Story 6 weeks after having our first child, I had the Essure implants installed. The procedure itself wasn't bad. I had mild pain killers but I was awake the whole time. I honestly don't […]
- K.’s Story I had the Essure procedure about three months ago. My procedure was done in office. The procedure it self was painful and i have cramping for about three days. The day after i tried to sit […]
- Nicole’s Story I had my procedure done last December. Since then I have had constant lower abdominal pain. Not to mention constant bleeding for almost 6 months after, and extremely heavy and painful […]
- Melissa’s Story Three years ago I began to notice my menstral cycles were off and I had heavier bleeding. Each cycle got worse until a year later I ended up in the ER due to cramping that felt like […]
- Gigli’s Story I had Essure on 2012, but just recently I had start having health issues. I had done different test on me thinking it was something else, I had a MRI, a CT Scam, and endoscopy, an EEG, and […]
- Maribel’s Story I had Essure implanted in September 2009 with the advice of my doctor (I had never heard of it before). I went in to seek advice on my birth control options, my Doctor recommended the […]