I am 43 years old and I had the essure in August 2010. I thought it was a great thing, the recovery time wasnt long and it wasnt very costly out of my pocket. I was 39 when I had it and 1 year later in August 2011 I had my last menstrual cycle. In April 2012 i was diagnosed with going through menopause early. Shortly after that I started having chronic pain in my legs, then back, next my shoulders, my arms, my stomach, eventually over my entire body. At one point I was having trouble going to the bathroom without taking something. No one could tell me what was wrong with me. In 2013 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and now im in constant pain, I very seldom do anything besides go to work and it take all of my strength to do that. Just recently I have been taken off work for this unbearable pain thats causing me to be depressed. I asked my doctor if the essure could have anything to do with my problems and she assured me that it didnt. I hope and pray someone read my story and never have to suffer the way that I do.
- Gina’s Story About 2 years ago in 2011 after having my 5th child I went in for my essure procedure. My doctor said it was the best choice for me and that it was completely safe. I was hesitant but was […]
- Megan’s Story I am a 33 year old mom of three children. After serious complications during my last pregnancy, my doctor, my husband and myself decided I needed permanent birth control. My doctor […]
- Paula’s Story Hello Everyone, My name is Paula Rose. I had the Essure procedure done in November of 2009. I am 37 years old and for the past 2 years I had very serious pain around my lower abdomen […]
- Jodi’s Story My name is Jodi and I had this procedure done after the birth of my second child in late 2012. The actual procedure was done in spring of 2013 after recovering from the C-Section and […]
- Trish’s Story I have had my Essure implant since May 2005. Before I had my last child, I was already considering having my tubes tide, but I was not considering Essure. I was a full-time college […]
- Judy’s Story My name is Judy Owsley. I am 29 years old. I got Essure done in 2008. I needed a permanent birth control, so they could do novasure. Since having Essure, I have been very sick. I gained 70 […]