I decided to get essure after learning about it from my cousin who raved about how great it was. I loved the fact it had such a short recovery time frame, and with 3 kids, that’s what I needed. When I went in for the follow-up exam to make sure the coils were in place, they couldn’t locate the one on the left side; I was told that it probably didn’t take and just slipped out and was no longer in my body. I started having chronic abdominal pains, sometimes radiating into my lower back. After many doctors appointments and ER visits, I finally had a doctor locate what the problem was. The ‘missing coil’ actually had slipped out of my falopian tube, and was embedded in the wall of my uterus. I ended up having to then go in for surgery for my OBGYN to remove that coil from my uterus. Since it’s been removed, I have had no more pains. I wish I would have just gotten my tubed tied in the first place.
- Cheryl’s Story I got the essure in 2008. When I first got it I had no problems. Then in the last 3 yrs I have had so many problems which led to multiple surgeries. I started having heavy periods twice a […]
- Aracelis’s Story I had my essure procedure done on September 9th 2009 after having four kids. I was sure I was done with my family and was 34 very aware of possible complications especially since I had […]
- Kelli’s Story My name is Kelli. I had the Essure procedure done in 2008/2009 time frame. The actual procedure went fine; I went back in 6 weeks to have the HSG test performed to be sure the procedure […]
- Alicia’s Story I had essure placed in July of 2012. I knew tying my tubes would take a little longer recovery time and I was told that this was just a quick office call and wasn't really told about any […]
- Leia’s Story After the birth of my son I was looking for a form of permanent birth control. I found a brochure for Essure. No invasive surgery needed, so not really any down time, plus it was cheaper, […]
- Brooke’s Story My name is Brooke I am 37 yrs old. I had the Essure procdure done in 2007.. I experienced pain like alot of women but I made this decision based on the recovery I had 3 kids to take […]