I had the Essure procedure done after I had my second child in 2012. My husband and I decided we were done having children so we thought we were doing the right thing. The Essure is less invasive than a tubal and with us moving across the country soon after I needed to be able to go. Ever since I had it done, I’ve been miserable. I sometimes get shooting pains similar to contractions. Other days are definitely worse than some. My doctor has sent me for ultrasounds because she has thought it was from ovarian cysts. Of course they always find nothing. I’ve had to miss work because the pain is so bad I can’t even stand up. My menstual cycles have been the worst I’ve ever had. I have a friend that had the Essure procedure and she has the same symtoms. The worst is during the first few days of my period. They are super heavy and the cramping is sometime unbearable. I wish I would have never had this done.
- Barbra’s Story Hello, my name is Barb and I am a 33 year old mother of four. After my fourth child in 2005 I had asked my OB about having my tubes tied. He told me about a safe new non surgical procedure […]
- Nancy’s Story When I became pregnant with my second child at the age of 38 in 2010 I talk to my doctor about having my tubes tied. given my past history of the IUD and ovarian cyst I had a long talk […]
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted in 2009.It's been 4 years of pain and complications. At first, it wasn't so bad… just irregular menstrual cycles and ovarian cysts. As the years […]
- Caryn’s Story Hello. My name is Caryn Kukuk. About 7 years ago, when my son was 1, I decided to have the Essure procedure. It seemed like the best choice since I had already had 2 C-sections. My […]
- Bethaney’s Story In November of 2005 I got the Essure procedure done. At the follow up from the surgery when they did a ultrasound to check it they said it looked great. Just 2 months after the 6 week […]
- Tami’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on August 9th, 2012. Within a month I felt like my ovaries were swollen. I continued to feel discomfort but thought nothing of it, but on November 23rd I […]