I had the Essure procedure done in 2008, when I was 30. I was so excited to have a permanent form of birth control that didn’t involve hormones and didn’t need to be monitored or re-done. At first, the main symptoms I noticed were increased pain during my period and regular pelvic pain. The pain during my period involved strong lower-back pain and stronger pelvic pain and cramps radiating down my legs. As time has passed, I have developed a LOT of chronic pain and now the pain occurs most of the time – not just during my period. I also have more digestive issues than I ever did and a lot of abdominal and pelvic bloating. I have also prolonged experienced periods of fatigue, which I never had before. Of course, I can’t prove any direct link, but I’ve undergone quite a few tests over the past few years and no other cause has been found. I am at a healthy weight, eat well, and exercise. My symptoms certainly aren’t as serious or acute as other women, but they are really wearing me down.
- Robin’s Story I am now 26 years old. I had my daughter on October 20, 2009. When my doctor asked me if I'd thought about birth control I said I wanted tubal ligation. They told me about the Essure […]
- Rhonda’s Story I had the Essure put in after my daughter was born in 08. I was perfectly healthy. No medicine. Nothing. Four months later I was having surgery for ovarian cysts. My Dr never checked to […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure implant about 5 years ago. Thought it was the best thing until I started to have very heavy menstral periods. I would not last a half hour without having to change […]
- Cindy’s Story I had the essure procedure done on December 3, 2013. The actual procedure went fine. No problems. Starting in February 2014 I started to have pain on my sides. It was like a sharp shooting […]
- Andrea’s Story My 2nd child was born March 29, 2007. The pregnancy was very normal, and I gained a minimal amount (30 pounds). Once the baby was born, I lost all but 10 pounds right away. Shortly […]
- Beth’s Story I had my essure placed April 2011, after my daughter was born on Feb. 24, 2011. My doctor gave me no other choice for permanent birth control but essure. I have had nothing but problems […]