Hello I’m 35 years old and have 3 children. Due to high risk and premature deliveries, my OB and I agreed that 3rd baby was the last. Due to her arriving 2 months early I didn’t get to sign or discuss the possibility of cutting and burning my tubes. My daughter was born in 12/2011. January 2012 my OB explained about Essure and since I found it to be an easy procedure and wouldn’t leave my preemie for long hours, I got it done. Now 2 years later I started getting episodes of depression anxiety and panic attacks. I have gone to see doctors so they could tell me what is causing this and they all tell me it’s either hormonal or simply I’m just depressed. I’ve been put on antidepressants medication and have been taking it for a year now. I’m not getting any better, I always feel so tired, no energy, heavy periods, depressed and just hopeless. After reading about Essure and the stories of other women, I am 100% sure that Essure is causing all these symptoms. I should of read this before. Now I feel stuck and don’t know how to resolve my problem. I just want to be normal again. A happy person. This depression is breaking me!
- Beverly’s Story I was one of the first patients to have this procedure done outside a hospital. I know this because 2 other women and myself were asked to speak about it at a Gyno convention in Chicago. […]
- Laurel’s Story I had the Essure implants shortly after I have birth to my second child. My husband and I talked and decided that we were happy with 2 children, and since both pregnancies were trying in […]
- April’s Story Hi my name is April, i am 35 years old and had the essure procedure in 2009. I have 2 children and at the time i didn't want anymore children. At first I didn't have any problems, but […]
- Natalie’s Story My name is Natalie, I'm 36 years old and I received the Essure tubal in early 2004. During that time it was relatively new and I was one of the first 50 women in my area to get this […]
- Tonya’s Story Hi my name is Tonya. I am 32 years old and a mother of 7 children. After my 7th child I got the Essure done in January 2012. It was the biggest mistake of my life . Since then my life has […]
- Amber’s Story I had my Essure procedure done 2 months after I had my fourth child in February 2011. I've had a lot of anxiety and depression and extreme tiredness since the procedure. I've had chest […]