I had Essure coils put in after my last miscarriage in 2008. I was told it was a safer alternative to traditional tubal ligation due to being less invasive without incisions. I have had pelvic pain chronically since I had them put in, every year I tell my GYN that I have pain all the time right more than left. He asks me if I want an ultrasound. I have two coils on the right side as I had very long fallopian tube on that side so I have three in total. I also have hip and low back pain all the time. My hair is falling out and I can’t seem to get enough sleep. I also have a nickel allergy but was not asked about metal allergies prior to surgery. I would love to get the coils out but don’t know if my insurance would cover the procedure. Please make sure you very carefully consider your options prior to having coils placed.
- Alicia’s Story In 2011, I gave birth to my son. I soon discovered that being a working mother was harder than I had ever imagined. Although I loved my child, the reality of the matter was that I was […]
- William’s Story I am a physician that has removed over 100 of these devices. The symptoms in patients varied from none to severe pelvic pain, skin rashes, joint pain, painful periods, metalic taste in the […]
- Krystal’s Story I had the essure procedure done in 2010 and since then I have experienced much of the same symptoms as others, but I always attributed the symptoms to stress or my chronic anemia. Today I […]
- Stephanie’s Story Three years after getting Essure implanted I started having chronic pain in my abdomen that would last for days at a time, all month long. It was a rare day that I wasn't in severe pain […]
- Stephanie’s Story My name is Stephanie. I am a 28 year old mother of 5 amazing girls. Pregnancies were always hard on me. I suffered 3 miscarriages by the time I concieved my fourth daughter. I was told I […]
- Stacey’s Story I had the essure coils put in in 2009. One ended up migrating from my fallopian tube and was found during a laproscopic procedure for pelvic pain and bloating. It was removed and the other […]