I had Essure implanted 2 years ago after having birthed my third child, bringing our mixed family to 4 kids (his, mine and ours). I have experienced abdominal/low back pain, nausea, fatigue, anxiety and depression along with 2 periods a month coming and going at random. I am treated for all of the above symptoms with medicines that I would normally REFUSE to take, but feel obligated to my family to function therefore I take the meds. I have a retro-verted uterus and have never had a follow-up scan after my confirmation test 2 years ago… who knows where the implants are and what they have damaged. I NEVER experienced such discomfort, EXCEPT FOR ACTUAL CHILD BIRTH! I feel there is hope in knowing that there may be an end to my pain, but at what expense, a hysterectomy?
- Venessa’s Story I'm 26 years old and a mother of 2. I had my procedure done in March 2012. The day I got it done I had excruciating pain. I called my obgyn & told them I was hurting worse than after […]
- Heidi’s Story I was having trouble with bleeding, heavy period one week then lighter or spotting for 2 more weeks each month. My gynocologist suggested an abaltion procedure for my uterus, to stop with […]
- Angela’s Story I had the essure procedure done after having a miscarriage because I didn't want to have any more kids reason being, I was in my mid 40's. My GYN Dr. performed the after procedure of the […]
- Lori’s Story I had this procedure done in 2009, after giving birth to my fifth and final baby. I was told this was the only procedure available in the northern Kentucky area for permanent birth […]
- Joleen’s Story I had the Essure and am still cramping. It is worse than having period symptoms everyday! It affects my lower back; I am tired all the time, no matter what I do. I have depression, but […]
- Tiffany’s Story I had my son in November 2008 and since this was my third child I decided I wanted to have a tubal but my obgyn insisted on this new procedure called Essure. He made it sound so wonderful […]